When people want to find some smartphone app, they just open Google Play (GP). And most of them don’t even realize that there are many other stores with mobile apps. And while Google’s store is second to none, there are plenty of app websites out there that are also worthy of attention. Some users may wonder what is the point of such sites if there is GP? The answer to this question can be found in Google policies.
The thing is that people constantly criticize the decisions of the corporation and bring lawsuits against it. The reason for this is that Google is now a powerful influencer whose actions create precedents and have a strong impact on society. That is why every utility is carefully checked for possible risks before getting into Google Play. If there is a potential threat in any of them, then, of course, it is easier to reject the program than to deal with the consequences later.
Since many interesting applications never made it to GP, special online catalogs began to appear. The administration of such resources does not set strict requirements, which means that it is there that you can find a huge number of useful programs.
The specifics of the functioning of portals with free applications
If you visit the best apk site with free apps, you will immediately notice some differences. The most important of them is that they do not automatically install the software as GP does. On such portals, you first have to download the APK file, and then manually install it. This means that you have to perform several additional actions:
- First you need to find the application you want and download its APK file to your phone.
- Next, you need to find the downloaded file. To do this, you can use the standard file manager.
- When you find the downloaded file, click on it and start the installation.
As you can see, the process is quite simple. But some people may not be sure whether to download APK files. After all, they may contain viruses and other malicious programs. This problem does exist, so always be very careful when choosing websites that offer app downloads.
How do honest portals with APK files work?
If your applications free downloads are done on trusted and popular web portals, then you have nothing to worry about. Because they apply the necessary security measures by adhering to the following policy:
- Before putting any utility on their site, a special cybersecurity department examines it for viruses and hidden threats. All programs are freely available only after such a check.
- Developers can replace the application with its updated version only with the permission of the site administration after another check.
Moreover, the support service always responds quickly to warnings from users.